Wednesday, January 20, 2010

MORE DETAILS







I'm not at all afraid of color and thats why when we looked at this color for the bedroom...we were willing to risk it. As usual the safe call is to use neutral colors for the large pieces of furniture and for the most part we did..ivory bed....linen staw like duvet...cream and brown leather..and a subtle ivory and chocolate print on the chairs. Literally our color comes form the wall and some art. I love making a bath mirror larger (assuming that baths are generally smaller rooms) and taking light fixtures or plumbing fixtures out from the mirror...this gives the room an interesting depth perception and totally doubles your light from the reflection. You'll see pocket doors and if you can ..use them as often as possible....they just save so much on space. What I love about the tile in the kitchen photo is that it looks like small stacked stone. I wouldnt want to splash soup up against it and then try to wipe it off but its so sexy hot and urban.













No comments:

Post a Comment