Monday, June 28, 2010

scratching the surface of surfaces.....
















x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x....I love decorative accessories...obviously I opened a store...but I love adding treasures to a room or surface to make it more personal. A few of the shots are of my own home...you can tell I layer a lot with books and boxes...my two favorite things. I also like to layer my art and am a real sucker for Lucite stands/blocks. HOTTTT
I put some shells from recent trip in a black bowl and picked a stick out of the reptile section of the pet store that looked like drift wood...I guess it moved me at the time. Trays are also a great way of grounding a surface or creating a separate zone. Whatever you do...go bold and buy items of scale and substance. Like any other aspect of decorating....mix textures....wood, metal, paper, ceramic, and shells. (psst....half price books...1.00 a book - cant beat it....its my obsession)

1 comment: